[Pharo-project] Help with Rotating a Box

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Sep 25 18:52:13 EDT 2009

I've been playing with a Morphic implementation of "Joe the box" for
an intro programming course.  It shouldn't be hard, right?

The problem is rotation.  It's easy to rotate a polygon morph, but I
can't get a TextMorph (for the name) to rotate and stay centered.  My
next attempt (attached), was to use a transformation morph.  This
almost works, except that when rotating from a non-manhattan
orientation, smurfs get left on the display.

The code is attached.