[Pharo-project] cairo support

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 16:35:04 EDT 2009

2009/9/25 Marco Schmidt <Marco.Schmidt at taugamma.de>:
> I would choose the lower level of abstraction - cairo. Did there
> exists an portable OpenVG implementation? This would be too a possible
> alternative to wrap with Alien.

Yes, it would be cool to have portable OpenVG implementation, because the plugin
i made ready to work with it. But afaik there is no such implementation yet.
ShivaVG is using OpenGL, which makes it well portable on all major
platforms. Alas, its not fully covers the 1.0 spec,
and its not very fast :(

P.S. Same as you, i'm not in favor for being dependant on higher-level
libraries such as cairo or rome.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.