[Pharo-project] Opening image multiple times - bug or feature?

Douglas Brebner squeaklists at fang.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 02:29:22 EDT 2009

John M McIntosh wrote:
> Actually the WIndows VM use to lie, might still, if you opened a file
> READ/WRITE but it was read only, like on a CD, then the windows VM would
> say SURE no problem.  This caused grief for macintosh users using one-
> click apps on a CD because we would cause a walkback saying we
> couldn't open the file READ/WRITE.

The problem I had was code that was written on unix that opened the same
file twice in write mode in the initialization methods. Broke nastily on
windows with confusing exceptions and leaking file handles iirc.

BTW, opening an image twice at the same time on windows give the
"changes file not accessible" popup at startup of the second image.