[Pharo-project] Opening image multiple times - bug or feature?

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:51:08 EDT 2009

El jue, 24-09-2009 a las 15:14 -0400, Schwab,Wilhelm K escribió:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm getting Ubuntu configured on my new $400 laptop, and just noticed that I can load one Pharo image at least twice w/o any error messages.  Is that good or bad?  I'm inclined to say it is bad, with caveats below.

Isn't a problem at all, at least as you don't save both images because
the share the changes files.

> I mentioned caveats: I have mixed feelings about Pharo's emulated/MDI GUI.  There have been (rare) times when it would have been nice to be able to do something similar on Dolphin.  If there is a reason to run multiple IDEs on one box, having them clearly separated by a single main window has some advantages.

By exploting this feature, you can launch a lot of running images from
the same disk image and, as long as you don't save them, you can, for
example, scale Seaside applications.

> Bill

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx