[Pharo-project] Fileout the test results

Simon Denier Simon.Denier at inria.fr
Thu Sep 24 09:47:50 EDT 2009

On 24 sept. 09, at 15:34, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> 2009/9/24 Simon Denier <Simon.Denier at inria.fr>
>
> On 24 sept. 09, at 15:22, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> Hi folks: Several times, I wanted to send by email for example, the
>> results of running some tests. The only and ugly way I found to do
>> this is using PrintScreen and send the screenshots. Now, the
>> question is, is there a way to file out the results? Not only the
>> amount (the number) of success, failures, error, expected failures,
>> but also which tests where the failures, errors, etc.
>
> You can take a look at http://www.squeaksource.com/TestServerSimple.html
>  for some samples of code.
>

> Wow! I wasn't aware of that project.  What's the idea of that
> project? I didn't find any information there.

Just having a simple automated engine to run tests for Moose
automatically. The code is adapted from some previous project in
Switzerland and, to be honest, it's pretty much a hack leaving plenty
of dead code behind. Configuration of projects to test is hard-coded.
I am working on a new TestServer which would use Metacello
configurations.

> However, I was thinking in something much more simpler. For newbies
> (like me hahaha) or people who may want to contribute to Pharo just
> testing and sending the reports. Perhaps a simple button in Test
> Runner that says "Fileout results". So that he can send the file to
> the mailing list or whatever.
>
> what do you think ?

That's a very good idea. We need more power tools for the tests
anyway. I would also like to see more powerful features for regression
testing (there is a basic test history only accessible through the
TestRunner right now)

>> I would love to do this from the Test Runner, no by code.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Mariano

>  Simon

  Simon