[Pharo-project] Deploying Seaside: A tutorial

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Sep 23 20:01:00 EDT 2009

Miguel,

I maintain it is not as trivial as some in the Seaside world keep suggesting, and sice I'm not alone in finding new ways that things fail to "just work," I stand by it.

You appear to have completely missed my comments on ipv4/6.  There are defects in Pharo's NetNameResolver, and they need to be fixed.  It has nothing to do with Seaside, other than the defects prevent some of the finer points of customizing the certificate and possibly (depending on what is actually required) hints for apache configuration.

I look forward to your blog.  Hopefully it can be as simple as you suggest.  Part of my interest in things like Apacheat is to capture the details to remove (to the extent possible) any human error components.

BTW, it is not *me* who is afraid of Linux.  I agree that Windows is much more to be feared.  There are still a few things that keep me tied to it, and my interest in Pharo is to cut the few remaining chains.  One of them will require a LOT of sawing, I'm afraid.

Bill