[Pharo-project] implementors of

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Sep 22 11:51:32 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 10:45 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> > In the system browser I have PRAjaxSearchWidget>>renderContentOn:
> > selected.  When I hit the "implementors" button, or when I highlight a
> > method name in the body of renderContentOn: and hit alt-m, I only get
> > implementors of renderContentOn:.
> >
> > Is it supposed to work this way?  Is there a convenient way to get a
> > list of all the methods in body of renderContentOn:, and pick one to see
> > its implementors (as in vanilla squeak, at least 3.10).
> >
> > I'm working with Pier-1.2.app.zip downloaded a few days ago from the
> > Pier site.  Running on Linux.
>
> The list of messages sent in a method only appears in some browsers
> and not others (this is a choice of Colin and/or Lukas who don't like
> this list IIRC). So, if you can't live without this list, you have to
> install the O2-based browsers. Since it's a bit tricky, I advise you
O2 = ?
> to use the latest Pharo web (http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download)
I don't see a web version there, even if I go to
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299.

Do I need to load Pier into that image, or is it already there?

By any chance do the latest Pharo's fix the DNS problem I reported
earlier (namely, name lookups don't work)?  Someone said it was a known
issue, though the only report I could find was for MS Windows and I'm on
Linux.

> and change the default browser (click on the top-right icon of any
> browser and 'Choose new default Browser').
Thanks.