[Pharo-project] Package loader on Pharo

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:52:15 EDT 2009

2009/9/21 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <miguel.coba at gmail.com>:
> This is confusing for me.
> Maybe the Pharo board should take a decision now in order to the
> community to push it. There are:

If we are talking about a package management system (a way for the
end-user to install more packages):

> ChangeSets

not a package management system. It's a format to exchange code.

> ScriptLoader

private/internal way to manage the update stream. Should not be
visible to the end user.

> Monticello alone

does not allow loading of projects with dependencies on other repositories

> Monticello configurations

I don't know

> Metacello

+1 but we need a place to put Metacello descriptions

> Installer

+1 but we need a place to put Installer scripts (Sake/Packages)

> Gofer

I see it more as a backend for Installer and Metacello

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry