[Pharo-project] Package loader on Pharo

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:45:02 EDT 2009

El lun, 21-09-2009 a las 16:35 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
> yes
>
> we should not use scriptLoader for that because scriptLoader should
> not be part of the default image.

This is confusing for me.
Maybe the Pharo board should take a decision now in order to the
community to push it. There are:

ChangeSets
ScriptLoader
Monticello alone
Monticello configurations
Metacello
Installer
Gofer
maybe others too.

They share a lot of overlapped functionality. Some scripts use one of
them, some other. This confuse the developers and the community. Maybe
now is the moment to discuss the tools in order to polish them and use
them, at leas until a new tool arrives that is better than the used by
Pharo.

You said that ScriptLoader will not be part of the core image but as I
can see, only ScriptLoader and Installer can be installed directly from
the web in an image that it doesn't have it.

Can the community discuss this? Or the Pharo board write its opinion?

> stef
>
> On Sep 21, 2009, at 1:40 PM, Laval Jannik wrote:
>

> > On Sep 21, 2009, at 13:14 , Damien Cassou wrote:

> >> Why do you use this old and not working script when I'm generating
> >> new
> >> images three times a month?
> >
> > because it is present in the image :)
> >
> > If it is an old version, maybe we must clean ScriptLoader.
> >

> >> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download
> >>
> >> --
> >> Damien Cassou
> >> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
> >>
> >> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> >> popular by not having them." James Iry

> > ---
> > Jannik Laval
> > PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
> > Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
> > http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> > http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
> > ---

Miguel Cobá