[Pharo-project] Fwd: [squeak-dev] About Collections-ul.137..140

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 03:58:47 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>
Date: Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Subject: [squeak-dev] About Collections-ul.137..140
To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org

Hi!

Just uploaded four packages to inbox: Collections-ul.137,
Collections-ul.138, Collections-ul.139 and Collections-ul.140. These
packages reimplement #rehash and #grow in Set and its subclasses
(except MethodDictionary). The ideas come are from Ralph Boland's
FasterSets project, but the implementation is different. According to
my measurements they are even faster. The four packages should be
loaded in the given order one-by-one otherwise mc might remove old
methods before adding new ones, etc (couldn't come up with a better mc
based load mechanism).

While I was rewriting these methods, I found that KeyedSet and
KeyedIdentitySet are not used (no references, no senders) in the
trunk.
Also checked that in a 3.8.1 full image they have no references (just
senders in DecompilerTests >> #decompilerDiscrepancies). I think they
might be removed from the base image and moved to a separate package.

Cheers,
Levente

--
Damien Cassou