[Pharo-project] Status of Alien FFI

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 22:30:26 EDT 2009

To add some OT and concerns about Lua & really cool stuff, see this video
http://vimeo.com/5254161

it looks like right now we (smalltalkers and 3D game-devs, who are
certaintly ones who are on a bleeding edge of technology)
are living in different dimensions, and both of us know little about
each other.. what i find really frustrating.
The guy who narrating the video, came to conclusion, that its cool to
be able to simply copy the
code snippet & run it on different host/project without recompiling
C++ stuff, also mentioned that
operating on entity level (by scripting particular object(s)) makes
life much easier, especially when project complexity
grows and grows bigger..
I just wonder , if Lua is so good for him, what would he say, when
discover the smalltalk, and especially
its environment, which inherently allows to work with objects in real
time without edit-recompile-run cycle. :)

2009/9/21 Schwab,Wilhelm K <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu>:
> Good luck.  For my time and money, fool me once, shame on you, ...
>
> Bill

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.