[Pharo-project] Closure fixes

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Sun Sep 20 14:22:55 EDT 2009

No, the fixes are not dependent on Gofer. I am just using it to script
the load.  There's been a lot of chat about Gofer - i had no idea what
it was. so i figured i'd use it for something!

If your image freezes that's bad. Did it ever come back?  I did this
from #10451.  The only thing i was worried about was if I had not
copied all the packages to task forces, since they are all in my local
cache.

There are also a few test classes to change, but i'll do that after
this is in the update stream. i.e there are 2 unexpected passes in my
image because some closure/compiler tests now pass. (excellent!)

I've done the recompilation slightly differently. This was one of the
things i wanted to talk about.  Andreas made various changes to MC
packages to get it in, overriding initialize and things on various
classes. I'm not sure we need that since we can use ScriptLoader.
However this needs to be tested.  I just trigger the recompile that
squeak used.

There is not a lot of UI feedback. the whole thing could do with being
inside a Cursor busy during: [] etc.

cheers,
Mike