[Pharo-project] Is there a way to use rename refactor while preserving whitespace formatting in refactored methods?

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Sep 19 20:46:06 EDT 2009

You have hit my main gripe with the RB - it has no regard for formatting.  I freely use it for things that do not require rewriting code (e.g. the up/down refactorings), and sometimes for new code that has not had time to accumulate useful comments.  If the code has been around for a while, then I usually prefer to do the work manually than to see my configuration management queues scattered to the four corners of video RAM.

I would greatly enjoy seeing this fixed, but given the attitude of the xp crowd toward comments, I am not optimistic.

My experience porting lots of old code to Pharo has only strengthened my belief that well-placed comments are a very valuable aid.  One package contained three logic errors that should have bitten me years ago, but never did.

Bill