[Pharo-project] Progress bars

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Sep 19 18:57:29 EDT 2009

Stef,

Thanks for the reply.  That worked nicely, and beyond that, so did LDAPlayer.  I had a list of roughly 1200 people to look up in a directory, and Pharo stood up to it nicely.  If only the entries were of like quality, but that's another problem (one that we are trying to address).  BTW, there were far more than 1200 searches because (did I mention the entries are junk?<g>) I added logic to retry w/o the given name under some circumstances.  Some searches exceeded limits that the directory found tolerable (I guess it did not like keeping up with the Jones' - US slag based pun alert).

It would still be nice to have a progess dialog with a cancel button, but I am very pleased to see Pharo stand up to the network traffic and the debugging.  If we're not careful, we will end up with a clean, robust, open source Smalltalk :)  Thanks to all for the great progress to date!

Bill