[Pharo-project] NBS-ISCC Color Names

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Thu Sep 17 18:18:47 EDT 2009

>Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com>
>Can we handle "white" being F2 F3 F4 rather than FF FF FF? This is like this
>because of some reason to do with printer gamuts.

It should already be thus (tell me if I made a mistake).

If you look closely, in Color>>initializeNames we find:
	self
		named: #pureWhite
		put: (Color
				r: 1.0
				g: 1.0
				b: 1.0).
in Color>>initializeNBSISCCNames3 find:

	Color named: #White   put: (Color fromString: '#F2F3F4').

Similarly for pureBlack and black.

To summerize, in Color>>initializeNames, the original white and black color
values are renamed to pureWhite and pureBlack.  The other values of
Color>>initializeNames were left as is and the new NBS-ISCC  color names then
added. I believe that white and black were the only name collisions.

Sorry, I should have added this to the release notes.

-KenD