[Pharo-project] Status of Alien FFI

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Wed Sep 16 15:05:53 EDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> what is the cairoPackage?
> For pharo 1.1 I would like to see Rome cleaned and loadable/integrated
> in pharo.

It's a port of Travis Griggs' package from VisualWorks -- a fairly
direct mapping of Cairo objects into Smalltalk. I posted it on
SqueakSource just a couple of days ago:

	http://www.squeaksource.com/CairoGraphics.html

I have been using it for our VisualWorks web apps for quite a while
and wanted to bring it with me. Plus I really need portability between
Pharo and GLASS. Not that I couldn't do that with Rome, but this
seemed like an easier path for me.

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.