[Pharo-project] Status of Alien FFI

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Wed Sep 16 11:36:43 EDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 1:06 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> I separated the extensions to the Parser (necessary to load the
> primitive methods) into a separate package Alien-Prereqs.
> If you load Alien-Prereqs before Alien-Core, it will work.

Thanks Johan, that's good news here. I appreciate it.

Given that Alien requires modifications to the core parser, and that
the Alien-modified parser is backwards-compatible with the base
parser... is there any chance we can get the Alien modifications into
the base? Without that, Pharo software updates that touch parser code
will end up reverting the code in Alien-Prereqs, right?

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.