[Pharo-project] getting rid of these boring questions and popup

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Sep 13 16:04:47 EDT 2009

With respect to the browsers in Pharo, I want to be told before I delete a class or a method; I do not want to be bothered before closing an inspector whose workspace I edited.  I **DO** want to be told before closing a workspace with changed text.  Just for the record :)

As far as keyboard navigation in the browsers, that would be a fine idea.  It probably won't surprise you to learn that Object Arts put some careful attention into that too.  That in no way has to take the scrolled lists away from the rest of us (I spend a lot of time looking and pondering, for which clicking and scrolling is quite natural).

The package pane could be ditched in favor of a right click and selection; the selected package could be shown in the title bar, since that space is already allocated and under used.  Dolphin makes a repsectable case for showing a package pane, because it allows multiple selections therein.  Even that can be handled by providing a filtered hierarcy browser.

Bill