[Pharo-project] getting rid of these boring questions and popup

csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Sun Sep 13 15:04:34 EDT 2009

Em 11/09/2009 18:32, Schwab,Wilhelm K <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu> escreveu:

>  Yes, the  popups should go  away - far  away :) A code  mentor pane
> with  lint rule  violations would  be greatly  appreciated,  but the
> modal messages  are too much. Sometimes  I want to save  code that I
> know will  generate errors, with  reasons ranging from "I'll  let it
> blow up and choose to implement it from the debugger" to "don't want
> to  lose  this, so  let's  get it  accepted  before  I do  something
> stupid."

I think Bill here has an interesting point: there are lots of references
on Smalltalk  programming that advocate this kind of development.  So it
makes sense we could have some 'selection' mechanism on how Pharo should
behave pertaining the the  way this info is shown during  the develpment
session.