[Pharo-project] Network cleanup?

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Sep 13 13:59:19 EDT 2009

I'm still having trouble with DNS on Ubuntu, and it seems to be IPv6 related.  However, it gets very ugly to try to figure out what does and does not (or is that should and should not?) depend on the #useOldNetwork test.  Would there be any objections to a split of NetNameResolver to have have new and old subclasses, with the correct class being chosen (or sub-instance created) on initialization?

I was able to get around the troubles today by noting that (for now) I have trouble iff I am on a Linux local host, but that trick will come to an abrupt end soon.

Bill