[Pharo-project] getting rid of these boring questions and popup

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Sep 13 11:42:23 EDT 2009

One of the things that set me off was "I think this whole 80ies style browser that's based on scrolling, clicking and popups doesn't cut it anymore and adding more tabs and buttons isn't gonna fix it."  Imagine our collective foolishness using scrollbars and other familiar GUI metaphors, and telling a user they might be about to do something they might regret ;)  Certainly prompts for confirmation can get out of hand and become counter-productive (that is afterall the subject of this thread).  However, you went on to say "Short anecdote, I our current project we don't ask the user for confirmation, ever."  Taken all together, it sounds wreckless to me.