[Pharo-project] getting rid of these boring questions and popup

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 15:25:24 EDT 2009

2009/9/12 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>:

> On Sep 11, 2009, at 11:32 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:
>
>> Stef,
>>
>> Yes, the popups should go away - far away :)  A code mentor pane
>> with lint rule violations would be greatly appreciated, but the
>> modal messages are too much.  Sometimes I want to save code that I
>> know will generate errors, with reasons ranging from "I'll let it
>> blow up and choose to implement it from the debugger" to "don't want
>> to lose this, so let's get it accepted before I do something stupid."
>
> same here!
> At least we have a common vision and we can go slowly there.

I having the same vision. Browser should not prevent you from
accepting the badly crafted code. It should allow it
unless there is syntax errors.
All warnings, like unused temps, use of unassigned temps etc, should
pop-up in a list pane below the code pane,
so user could see it and react, or just ignore and go & do something
else. Btw, this pane could be reused for more deeper/complex
code analyzing tools, like lint etc.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.