[Pharo-project] Graphics-Centric UI Capability?

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri Sep 11 19:10:13 EDT 2009

Caution: this is *not* the answer to your question; I will be waiting to see what the experts say on the subject.  One thing I _can_ tell you is that it is often a good idea to write graphics-producing code in terms of a canvas such that it can draw on "anything" (display, image file and printer come to mind) using the device resolution to scale things correctly.  I have long been amazed that people create (in Dolphin speak) their own views when an image presenter would the job given a "background" bitmap.

There are always exceptions, but IMHO you should at least consider drawing on a Form and displaying that in a appropriate morph, or whatever the gurus suggest.  I hope that makes at least some sense.

Bill