[Pharo-project] namespace collisions

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:56:22 EDT 2009

Does Pharo have namespaces?

If not, may I request that we remember to apply due consideration when
choosing names for globals, including class-variables?

The top version of ScriptLoader in the Pharo repository consumes the
name #Repository, preventing any class or global from using that name.
 I am now faced with a namespace collision with another package that
wants to declare a class named Repository.

A class-var in "ScriptLoader" really doesn't need to consume such a
valuable name does it?  Can this be renamed to something more specific
to free up that name?

 - Chris