[Pharo-project] Slice-MCDependenciesDialogPlagueFixed-ab.1.mcz

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Tue Sep 8 14:39:18 EDT 2009

Stéphane Ducasse skrev:
>>>    Slice-MCDependenciesDialogPlagueFixed-ab.1.mcz
>>>    <http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox.html>
>>>
>>> via PharoInbox <http://www.squeaksource.com/> on 9/8/09
>>>

>>> Is it necessary to offer a checkbox in the parent's save dialogue to
>>> ask if this is the desired behaviour?
>>>
>> With the current behaviour, I'd say no.
>>

>> If you try to cancel the extra
>> dialogs,
>>
> yes this is what we tried to achieve
>

>> it leads to an error and unloadable slices...
>>

> really because we tried and it worked.
> do you have a scenario showing that it breaks
Yes, the slice "fixes" this, since you never get the dialog to write a
comment for one of the dependent packages, thus are never able to cancel
it :)
My point was, ideally, I'd like to be able to set individual comments
for each package if I want to(checkbox), and not have it break if I
cancel one of the later ones.
And that, if I had to choose between being able to set comment per
package but risking an incomplete save if I cancel one of them, and
having the same comment for all of them,  I'd rather have the latter.

Cheers,
Henry