[Pharo-project] request for the new merge tool :)

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 03:46:05 EDT 2009

yes I agree. Here is some feedback since I can see a lot of work has
gone into it and I don't want to knock it. Some of this may be mc
behaviour I don't know.
-it takes a second from pressing a menu item to updating the ui. On a
large number of changes this is to slow
-key bindings for quickly selecting the direction of merge and moving
on to the next item
-multiple select. I should be able to select multiple items on the
tree and have certain menu options enabled. Eg keep local change
- it also should be possible to easily reject or include a whole class
- it should label the left and right panes
- it would be really nice to show or allow to prune mc package
ancestry on the source so you only show a certain slice through the
source ancestry and ignore the rest
- it produces a lot of false positives
- it seems there is no way to not merge an item that has a tick by it?
I don't quite get what tick means. Ditto for the cross ?
- a lot of the classes have no class comments

thanks
mike