[Pharo-project] OSProcess and SqueakMap

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Mon Sep 7 19:45:05 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 19:12 -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 01:50:14PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > >
> > > OSProcess and CommandShell (formerly part of OSProcess until I split it)
> > > are both on SqueakSource. For Pharo, I recommend that you load the latest
> > > versions from SqueakSource rather than from SqueakMap (I made a fix just
> > > yesterday that is important for Pharo users). Be sure to get the unit tests
> > > also, they are a good source of examples.
> > OSProcess loaded fine, but CommandShell says PluggableTextController and
> > PluggableTextView.
>
> Those are the MVC classes for CommandShell (which works for both Morphic
> and MVC). MVC has been removed from Pharo. Don't worry about these error
> messages; the rest should load fine.
I proceeded past the error above and another warning that MVC was not
loaded.  I've attached details on it.  The save to file doesn't seem to
have much info, so I also put in a screen shot.  The shot also show the
progress bar at the very start.

> > Do I need the OSProcess plugin?
>
> Yes. It is also good (but not required) to have AioPlugin and XDisplayControlPlugin.
> All three are usually included in Unix VMs, and OSProcessPlugin is probably included
> if you are using OS X. For Windows you would need to build it yourself.
I'm on linux.  Am I correct that the plugin source is only useful if you
then run VMMaker to make a VM--i.e., bringing it in to an image will not
get you a working plugin?