[Pharo-project] OSProcess and SqueakMap

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Sep 7 19:12:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 01:50:14PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 16:00 -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 12:15:28PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > > I want to run the magma tester, which is much easier if OS Process is
> > > around.  It doesn't seem to be in the image or Monticello, and I think
> > > it is only available from SqueakMap.
> >
> > OSProcess and CommandShell (formerly part of OSProcess until I split it)
> > are both on SqueakSource. For Pharo, I recommend that you load the latest
> > versions from SqueakSource rather than from SqueakMap (I made a fix just
> > yesterday that is important for Pharo users). Be sure to get the unit tests
> > also, they are a good source of examples.
> OSProcess loaded fine, but CommandShell says PluggableTextController and
> PluggableTextView.

Those are the MVC classes for CommandShell (which works for both Morphic
and MVC). MVC has been removed from Pharo. Don't worry about these error
messages; the rest should load fine.

> Do I need the OSProcess plugin?

Yes. It is also good (but not required) to have AioPlugin and XDisplayControlPlugin.
All three are usually included in Unix VMs, and OSProcessPlugin is probably included
if you are using OS X. For Windows you would need to build it yourself.

Dave