[Pharo-project] CLFramework-UIBuilder

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon Sep 7 04:59:31 EDT 2009

> i published the CLFramework package
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/CLFramework.html

Excellent!

> Is totally alpha version, not valid for serious apps.The set of
> widgets of
> Polymoprh adapteds to designer is limited, and don´t works with normal
> mechanism as MorphicModel, else with events.

What do you mean?
That you use Announcements?

> I´m continue working in it, but I have arrived at crossroads, where
> i think
> is best create my own set of widgets, from zero, or perhaps be more
> ambitious and try use 3d... i dont know; my knowledges is limited.

Pay attention because we saw a lot of people doing the same.
Designing a new set of widgets is a HUGE effort.
For the use of 3d I do not see any point doing that.

A valuable effort would be to check the polymorph widgets that are
worth.
- Remove broken or useless morphic widgets.
- improve existing widgets
- as an example alain plantec designed and implemented a new tree with
much much better capabilities than the default one and we are waiting
that he
finishes to integrate into pharo
- At esug alain show us a first attempt to use cairo to build a new
"morphic"
and there widgets will also be missing.

I think that having a layout manager (copying may be the one of sophie)
is more important than new widgets because how do the components move
when you
resize a window or the relative placement of widgets is also important.