[Pharo-project] Impossible launc/use Lumiere

Fernando olivero oliverof at lu.unisi.ch
Sun Sep 6 09:45:48 EDT 2009

I apologize for not answering sooner, i was offline after returning
from the  ESUG.

I'm fixing now problems related to Lumiere, mostly regarding the
texture folder missing.

Tomorrow i'l send an email to the list, officially presenting
lumiere,  a  brief description, tutorials and the official homepage.

But briefly, lumiere is a 3D renderer for producing 3D applications.
with high level abstractions  and using OpenGL as the base renderer,
that uses the AlienOpenGL library wrapper. (we implemented using ALIEN
FFI framework ).

Since the Alien  framework is working and tested under MAC for now, it
only works there.  But people are working for integrating into
windows, and also alien can now be installed in Squeak ( using
Installer, instead of Gofer and flair).

The only thing needed for running Lumiere is to execute the following
script, having the alien plugin ( IA32ABI.bundle ) under the plugins
folder in the  root directory. (i will that in the home page also)

ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'LumiereLoader' from: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Lumiere'
.
LumiereLoader load.

Saludos,
Fernando

pd:
	as Igor said , OpenGL wont give you widgets but it will allow you to
build them using Lumiere or 	ALienOpenGL. Or use ALienFFI to build a
wrapper for some external library that does that.

pd2:  I'm aslo interested in adding a complete set of widgets and text
rendering capabilities using Lumiere, so we could discuss this further.