[Pharo-project] Issue with DisplayText and InterpreterSimulator

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 5 10:33:05 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 04:19:51AM +0400, Andrey Larionov wrote:
> I'm post an issue
> Looks like call of
>     aDisplayText form:
> in MorphicUIManage>>composeFormFor: is redundant
>
> Found during trying to run InterpreterSimulator (i realy want to help
> improve project).
> After i add accessor, i recieve an DNU of ByteSymbol>>coerceTo:sim:
>
> Is any have any idea. Is this method missing in VMMaker package or
> removed in Pharo.

Hi Andrey,

We moved a number of these methods from Pharo (and Squeak) into
the VMMaker package because they are part of the C code generator
for Slang.  They had been left in the image by accident. If you
load the latest VMMaker from SqueakSource, this problem will be
resolved. For background on this, see:

  http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7221

If you need to use an older VMMaker for some reason, I put a change
set on the Mantis report that will let you load the missing methods
(LeftoverMethodsMoveToVMMaker-dtl-M7221.2.cs).

Dave