[Pharo-project] runaway Pharo beta image

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Fri Sep 4 11:29:07 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

A likely scenario is that you have a process in an endless loop
(probably the one in ByteString(String)>>encodeOn:). Its stack grows
and uses more and more memory.

The first thing to try is control-. (or apple-.), which should
interrupt the current process. If the GUI is still responsive you can
also open the process browser (in the Tools menu) and try to debug or
just terminate the offending process.

HTH,
Adrian