[Pharo-project] How much stable the seaside with pharo

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:59:38 EDT 2009

Been running Seaside on Pharo since October 2008.

More stable than Squeak.

Stability has been great. Low volume on an intranet, however.

No memory leaks or crashes in production.

I have seen memory leaks from my development image (particularly if I
work with test data). I now only save my development image after

So, if I'm working with my database and test data and I see a change I
want to make, I write the tests and code. Do some test runs and check
the code into Monticello. But, I don't save my image at that point.
Next time I restart, I reload from Monticello. I do this even though
I'm working by myself.