[Pharo-project] Startup/shutdown

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 1 07:08:03 EDT 2009

Damien,

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not it should be lost :)  Will do though.  However, the real benefit will be to move all of the memory management to it or something like it.  I am still a little surprised (or is it made suspicious by?) the fact that it appears to be possible to do with the information the image has now.  Part of me wonders <somebody's gotta say it>why in the hell</somebody's gotta say it> nobody dealt with it years ago.  Not having to litter code with extraneous network iniializations should be enough motivation to do something so simple, assuming it is indeed so simple.

Bill