[Pharo-project] Polymorph and OB Browser Colors Quick Solution

GARY CHAMBERS gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 30 12:02:19 EST 2009

I notice the back/forward buttons are created with a morph as the label. Might be better to refactor OBDraggableButton to be under PluggableButtonMorphPlus (or implement enablement protocol) and use just a string or text, using enablement rather than on/off state - that should help avoid use of the hardcoded font.
In Polymorph if the "label" (morph) of a PluggableButtonMorphPlus responds to #enabled: the enablement of the button gets forwarded to the label morph as well.
Button bar heights are also a problem if fixed size.
Similarly, OBButtonModel might benefit from some attention (hence the "different" style of the instance/class/traits buttons etc.). These buttons also.

I guess there's a lot in OB to do with specifying the style of in a rather fixed manner (#styleWith:...) (clearly to make it look good with original Morphic) rather than relying on default behaviour that Polymorph leverages.

The Vistary theme seems to highlight problems with button colours/states better while Watery2 highlights any pane colour problems.

Getting there, I think though.

Regards, Gary