[Pharo-project] Plugin organization

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 16:30:59 EST 2009

Michael Rueger writes:
 > bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk wrote:
 >
 > > Why not just add the plugin's to the VMMaker package?
 > >
 > > I don't see any gain for having another official plugin package besides
 > > VMMaker. It'll have the main problem and advantage of VMMaker of
 > > central ownership.
 >
 > That's not what I suggested, just a naming scheme.
 >
 > I also don't think that all plugins will be centrally maintained, as
 > that would require write access of every plugin maintainer to the VM
 > repository.
 >
 > Michael

But Monticello packages are just a naming scheme.

Your statement: "That would also allow to simply load all plugins into
a VMMaker image by using a package 'Plugin'.". Seems to indicate to
me that using the naming convention you suggested would lead to
all the packages being part of a single Monticello package.

Bryce