[Pharo-project] {Spam?} Names for the pharo scripting syntax

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Mon Jan 19 17:23:05 EST 2009

Stef,

My first reaction is "why is it not Smalltalk?"  Not the name, but the language itself.  Is there something I missed/should read to understand it?

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 273-6785
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> stephane.ducasse at inria.fr 01/19/09 4:16 PM >>>
hi guys

gwenael is polishing the scripting syntax of pharo (was called in
another world sapphir).
Now we are looking for a new for such a syntax. If you have ideas
please let us know.
Ideally we would like to have a connection with the sea/nature (peace
and love sarcasm).

I was thinking about
	zephir,
	thunder,
	storm,
	wave,
	wale,
	orcal,
	Maikai
		 to be well, fine, in a state of goodness in hawaian
	MAILA : mā*ila (stative) to be clear, as of the sea
	atoll,
	maibai

>> - Similar words used to describe coastlines are nice as well:
>> "Tombolo" (my favorite and not a common word), "Lagoon", "Cover",
>> "Cliff" and "Bay".

	from lukas

I like atoll :) since faro is an atoll
But I like Tombolo too.