[Pharo-project] [MC] [ANN] Sourcetalk

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:22:16 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> > Excelents both documents. I really like them!
> >
> > I am one of the SqueakDBX team and one reason I really hate monticello
> > is that when every time I want to save (commit) it commits full
> > package. This is very annoying,
> So switch it to diff mode.

I think there is something I don't know about MC. Suppose I have a whole
package. I modified some clases. But I don't want to commit  some of those
changes. If I see diff mode, I can see the diffs, but, If I commit, I commit
all. Not only the changes I want. To do that, I have to override the rest of
the changes so that not to commit them. And, If I do this, I loose those
changes. So, I have to backup those changes in a file, then commit, and
recover the changes again.

I mean, I would like something like CVS or SVN where you can commit what you
want, no the whole package.

I don't know If I could express myself. Sorry for my English.