[Pharo-project] Splitting network package

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Thu Jan 8 13:51:01 EST 2009

Hi all,

updated MIME, URI and File packages in inbox.

Some of the URI related changes are somewhat incomplete as I merged them
from a different context. Hopefully I didn't break anything though :-)

With merges like this it is really a problem that MC doesn't allow
cherry picking changes...

The overall goal with the URI changes is to complete replace the current
Url implementation. We have done this quite successfully in Sophie and
even more radically in the experimental ySqueak branch.

Suggesting to replace Url classes by URI was a sure way to get a flame
war going on the Squeak dev list. So what is general opinion on this for
Pharo?

Michael