[Pharo-project] Pharo Issues

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon Jan 5 16:16:53 EST 2009

I rolledback to the old version since it loaded for me when updating
from 10191 (too long we should publish an image soon)
Brian could you retry and let us know. I would be sure that the update
works also with a dev image.
Thanks

On Jan 5, 2009, at 10:11 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Adrian
>
> I just commited a new script280 (which remove the Sixx-
> stephane_ducasse.2.mcz)
> I'm wondering why we have a sixx package in pharo-core. To me this is
> at the minimum a dev dependency
> I will retry to load scriptloader711 and rollback if necessary
>

> On Jan 5, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> I checked and it worked for me. It looks like a network issue or
>> SqueakSource not replying for a second. Could you try again and
>> report
>> back if the problem persists for you? I also suggest to delete the
>> package-cache folder.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Jan 5, 2009, at 21:45 , Brian Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings all,
>>>
>>> I download the latest image from the site (10196 dev), and selected
>>> "Software update" from the System Menu. There is an error with
>>> update:
>>>
>>> 	 10201-Pha-FlapTabViewerObjectPassOneOverScriptSyst
>>>
>>> While it is in the "Adding Versions" step, we get an exception
>>> trying
>>> to read a stream on this file: Sixx-stephane_ducasse.2.mcz
>>>

>>> Here is the traceback:
>>>
>>> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #readStream
>>> MCScanner class>>scanTokens:
>>> MCMczReader>>parseMember:
>>> MCMczReader>>loadPackage
>>> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>package
>>> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>basicVersion
>>> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>version
>>> [] in
>>> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
>>> {[:r | r version]}
>>> BlockContext>>valueWithPossibleArgs:
>>> MCMczReader(ProtoObject)>>ifNotNil:
>>> MCHttpRepository>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
>>> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
>>> [] in ScriptLoader>>loadTogether:merge: {[:fn | loader   addVersion:
>>> (self repository loadVersionFromFileNamed: fn)]}
>>> [] in
>>> OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
>>> {[:each :i |  bar value: i.  aBlock value: each]}
>>> OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>withIndexDo:
>>> [] in
>>> OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
>>> {[:bar | self   withIndexDo: [:each :i |     bar value: i.    aBlock
>>> value: e...]}
>>> [] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction {[result :=
>>> workBlock
>>> value: progress]}
>>> BlockContext>>ensure:
>>> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
>>> UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
>>> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
>>> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
>>> ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
>>> ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
>>> ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
>>> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
>>> OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
>>> ScriptLoader>>loadTogether:merge:
>>> ScriptLoader>>script280
>>> ScriptLoader>>update10201
>>> UndefinedObject>>DoIt
>>> Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:logged:
>>> Compiler class>>evaluate:for:notifying:logged:
>>> Compiler class>>evaluate:for:logged:
>>> Compiler class>>evaluate:logged:
>>> [] in
>>> MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
>>> {[val := (self peekFor: $!)     ifTrue: [(Compiler evaluate: self
>>> nextChunk l...]}
>>> BlockContext>>on:do:
>>> [] in
>>> MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
>>> {[:bar |  [self atEnd]   whileFalse: [bar value: self position.
>>> self skipS...]}
>>> [] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction {[result :=
>>> workBlock
>>> value: progress]}
>>> BlockContext>>ensure:
>>> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
>>> UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
>>> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
>>> ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
>>> ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
>>> ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
>>> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
>>> MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
>>> [] in ChangeSet class>>newChangesFromStream:named: {[newSet
>>> ifNotNil: [(aStream respondsTo: #converter:)     ifTrue:
>>> [newStrea...]}
>>> BlockContext>>ensure:
>>> ChangeSet class>>newChangesFromStream:named:
>>> [] in Utilities
>>> class>>readServer:special:updatesThrough:saveLocally:updateImage:
>>> {[:bar |  [this := docQueue next.  nextDoc := docQueue next.
>>> nextDoc
>>> = #fail...]}
>>> [] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction {[result :=
>>> workBlock
>>> value: progress]}
>>> BlockContext>>ensure:
>>> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
>>> UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
>>> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
>>> ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
>>> ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
>>> ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
>>> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
>>> [] in Utilities
>>> class>>readServer:special:updatesThrough:saveLocally:updateImage:
>>> {[urls := self     newUpdatesOn: (serverList       collect: [:url |
>>> url , 'up...]}
>>> BlockContext>>ensure:
>>> CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
>>> Utilities
>>> class>>readServer:special:updatesThrough:saveLocally:updateImage:
>>> Utilities class>>readServerUpdatesThrough:saveLocally:updateImage:
>>> Utilities class>>readServerUpdatesSaveLocally:updateImage:
>>> Utilities class>>updateFromServer
>>> TheWorldMenu>>doMenuItem:with:
>>> [] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
>>> {[(selArgCount := selector numArgs) = 0   ifTrue: [target perform:
>>> selector] ...]}
>>> BlockContext>>ensure:
>>> CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
>>> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
>>> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>mouseUp:
>>> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>handleMouseUp:
>>> MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
>>> ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
>>> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
>>> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
>>> ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
>>> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
>>> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
>>> MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
>>> MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
>>> MenuMorph>>handleFocusEvent:
>>> [] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: {[ActiveHand := self.
>>> ActiveEvent := anEvent.  result := focusHolder     han...]}
>>> [] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring: {[aBlock value]}
>>> BlockContext>>on:do:
>>> PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
>>> HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
>>> HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
>>> HandMorph>>sendMouseEvent:
>>> HandMorph>>handleEvent:
>>> HandMorph>>processEvents
>>> [] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: {[:h |  ActiveHand := h.  h
>>> processEvents.  ActiveHand := nil]}
>>> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
>>> WorldState>>handsDo:
>>> WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: