[Pharo-project] pharo is... ?

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Sat Jan 3 20:28:28 EST 2009

I started using Squeak a few months ago, mostly in a time permitting
fashion.. 2-3 weeks ago, I saw a Pharo related message come across
that list and joined here to see what Pharo is. I'm still not entirely
sure, so I'm asking...

Pharo is... ?

The little bit of marketing on the website makes it sound appealing
and I'm sure if I had more experience with Squeak then downloading the
one click and running it and poking around would have answered a ton
of questions but, I don't have the Squeak background to have that be
meaningful.

Is there a document somewhere that says what Pharo is meant to be.
What initial concrete changes from Squeak where done/are going to be
done?
I really need something as a jumping off point...

Thanks for any pointers,
Sean