[Pharo-project] Events, announcements, etc.

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri Aug 28 17:08:41 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I know there has been a fair amount of discussion of event mechanisms; I have not been able to follow all of it, and have probably forgotten most of what I did manage to absorb.  That said, I _think_ I am fairly flexible as long as there is some way to trigger events and get messages sent to interested parties.

Dolphin calls uses selectors such as #trigger: and #trigger:with:.  Pharo has methods called #triggerEvent:, etc.  Is that done for a specific reason?  Am I walking into any traps by forwarding them to #trigger: and friends?

Bill