[Pharo-project] Input Sensor fix

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 06:41:24 EDT 2009

2009/4/23 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>:
> thanks igor
> I will wait that mike bundles them beofre integrating the changes.

i'm still thinking that using #becomeForward: is better solution , for
refreshing an event fetcher instance.
Because you never know, who or why referencing it.

install
	"InputEventFetcher install"
	| handlers fetcher |
	Smalltalk addToStartUpList: InputEventFetcher after: Cursor.
	Smalltalk addToShutDownList: InputEventFetcher after: Form.

        fetcher := self new.
        handlers := #().
	Default ifNotNil: [
		handlers := Default eventHandlers.
		Default shutdown.
                Default becomeForward: fetcher.
	].

	Default := fetcher.
        fetcher eventHandlers addAll: handlers.
	fetcher startUp

> Stef
>
> On Apr 23, 2009, at 12:06 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> and here's another changeset, which deals with:
>>
>> - preserving the handlers collection when reinstalling event fetcher
>> - trying to play nice with the fact above in
>> #installEventSensorFramework: method.
>> - makes UserInterruptHandler to hold a singleton.
>>
>> what i wanted to achieve, that reinstalling event fetcher does not
>> causing a list of handlers to be lost, so you don't have to rebind
>> them manually (suppose you have multiple different handlers, not just
>> UserInterruptHandler and InputEventSensor).
>>
>> all of this is for your consideration..
>>
>> 2009/4/23 Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>:
>>> After loading  kernel 304 and doing
>>>
>>> InputEventSensor installPollingEventSensorFramework
>>>
>>> i now having two event fetcher processes processes running, and show
>>> in Process browser.
>>> But image working stable and responding to input.
>>> Both processes survived saving/loading.
>>>

>>> i think this needs to be fixed, like in attached .cs

>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.
>>>

>> --