[Pharo-project] Fonts working great

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:17:24 EDT 2009

> Why is this requiring a new VM? Or did you mean an updated .app structure?

Yes, I should have said VM application. Point is, the .app bundle is
designed for this purpose, and images with preconfigured fonts will
break or look ugly if the fonts are not there.

The alternative possibilities are not very interesting:
- use system fonts -> wrong, the fonts are only there by default on
(most) linuxes, so in practice, images will break until the user
manually installs the fonts
- distribute fonts in the image -> huge image
- distribute fonts besides the image -> it's already tedious to keep
.image and .changes
- distribute fonts besides the VM like the .sources -> I'm not sure if
that plays well with OS conventions for font installation

--
Damien Pollet