[Pharo-project] Pharo logos

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 11:13:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
> here are some proposals
> I like the blue one. But there have something.
> Please comment

What's really important in a logo / icon is the silhouette and the
basic shapes. Here it's just a circle with some kind of striped band
in the middle (try shrinking the images to 1-2 cm to see what I mean).

Also why not incorporate the Smalltalk balloon ?
Pharo = lighthouse = light, plus balloon made me think of those:

http://flickr.com/photos/giuseppevironda/1251748131/
http://flickr.com/photos/giuseppevironda/1252610692/
http://flickr.com/photos/dans180/408851463/

or what about something like the crappy attached sketch?

--
Damien Pollet
type less, do more [ | ] http://people.untyped.org/damien.polle