[Pharo-project] Introducing Mars 0.1

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 09:17:12 EST 2008

On 2008-12-21 10:10:22 -0200, Stéphane Ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> said:

> Hi esteban
>
> Cooool. Sounds exciting.
Thanks :)

> What is the size of Mars?
Currently is very small, but I really don't know how to messure this...
there is a method counter or something around?

> How did you get multiple windows :)
They are just cocoa windows, created each time one is needed

> Are call back from cocoa handled?
Yes, but currently just "one-way" callbacks: cocoa fires a signal to
squeak, and squeak know how to handle it.
I'm studing a way to add (or simulate) squeak-to-cocoa callbacks, for
solving some issues (like menu enabling/disabling, etc.). Basically,
I'm studing Alien and ObjectiveC bridge to look what can I borrow ;)

Esteban