[Pharo-project] about vm dropping privileges

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 16:55:13 EST 2008

reading about how unix programs drop privs it seems they can use
seteuid() to alter the state of the calling process.  Not that the VM
needs to be 'fixed' but could the application be enhanced, using
OSProcess perhaps?, to drop privs in this way once port 80 has been
bound to?  I read somewhere else that some applications spawn child
processes with modified privs.  i don't know much about the details,
just interested.

Mike