Guille's LOOP?

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013, wrote:
roberto.minelli@usi.ch�wrote:
Hi,

I would like to hear an opinion from you. I need to organize a 3-day project with high-school students. In short they will come to our University and I am the responsible to guide them to do �something� to introduce them to programming.

The assumption is that they have zero background about programming. In this mailing list I�ve read a couple of previous discussions about how to start to use Pharo and ST for educational purposes, but I�d love to collect additional opinions.

Visual programming is one of the thing that came to my mind. I though about Phratch. Michele suggested me to look also at Etoys (squeakland.org) and I will start to look at thesee two tools in the next days.

Any opinion, proposal, tool, article, suggestion, hint on the topic is really welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Roberto



�
Three days is not long if they are starting from zero. �See if you can prime them by getting them to first play the game Kodable on the iPad, before they get there. �Then you'll have more impact. �I have my young kids playing it and its worth trying it out yourself.

cheers -ben



--
---
Philippe Back
Dramatic Performance Improvements
Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
Mail:phil@highoctane.be | Web: http://philippeback.eu
Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Pharo Consortium Member -�http://consortium.pharo.org/
Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast -�http://spamcast.libsyn.com
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value Added Reseller
�