pharo-users@lists.pharo.org

Any question about pharo is welcome

View all threads

The System Browser has recently started showing 2 comments tabs - one is text and one is formatted pretty. That seems odd and is not wanted - has anyone else seen this? Pharo 10 stable image - windows 64 - all reloaded recently...

MO
mark.odonoghue.2010@gmail.com
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 1:30 PM

Image

![Image](https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/223421264751099906/1060833258427920385/image.png)
SD
stephane ducasse
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 2:43 PM

Hi mark

Which version of Pharo are you using?
In P11 I saw some regressions.

On 8 Jan 2023, at 14:30, mark.odonoghue.2010@gmail.com wrote:

Hi mark Which version of Pharo are you using? In P11 I saw some regressions. S > On 8 Jan 2023, at 14:30, mark.odonoghue.2010@gmail.com wrote: > > >
MO
Mark O'Donoghue
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 6:03 AM

Hi Stephane

Many thanks for following up on the issue with the extra comment tab in the
System Browser.

As requested, I have included more information below:

Versions

Over the last few days, I have seen the issue in

Build information:
Pharo-10.0.0+build.536.sha.2314c3f457171dcde477ff6575b578835f1fd519 (64 Bit)

I believe this is the latest stable P10 release for Windows 64.

It was created as a new image via Pharo Launcher version: 3.0.1

Previously I was using

Build information:
Pharo-10.0.0+build.515.sha.b18847fed2389428342d35b0056824644a1ce5fe (64 Bit)

And I was getting the normal comment tab behaviour.

I still can see that when I fire up that old image.

Background

I had not used Pharo since July 2022, and before resuming work I decided to
create a fresh new P10 image to work with.

Using the launcher, I created a new image based on the Pharo 10 (stable)
image. And of course it updated the Windows 64 VM as well for me.

I then reloaded my code base and started work. Pretty soon I noticed the odd
behaviour with the System Browser.

I then posed the question on discord for guidance.

Since then, I tried to simplify the issue by creating another new image
based on Pharo 10 (stable).

This time I didn't make any changes, alter settings, or loading any code or
libraries.

I checked the simple image and verified that the System Browser issue was
happening.

Because this is just the 'vanilla' image, unchanged by me, I a hoping it
will be easy to verify this behaviour at your end.

Cheers and regards

Mark

Perth, Western Australia

mailto:mark.odonoghue.2010@gmail.com  wrote:

<https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/223421264751099906/106083325842792
0385/image.png>

Hi Stephane Many thanks for following up on the issue with the extra comment tab in the System Browser. As requested, I have included more information below: Versions Over the last few days, I have seen the issue in Build information: Pharo-10.0.0+build.536.sha.2314c3f457171dcde477ff6575b578835f1fd519 (64 Bit) I believe this is the latest stable P10 release for Windows 64. It was created as a new image via Pharo Launcher version: 3.0.1 Previously I was using Build information: Pharo-10.0.0+build.515.sha.b18847fed2389428342d35b0056824644a1ce5fe (64 Bit) And I was getting the normal comment tab behaviour. I still can see that when I fire up that old image. Background I had not used Pharo since July 2022, and before resuming work I decided to create a fresh new P10 image to work with. Using the launcher, I created a new image based on the Pharo 10 (stable) image. And of course it updated the Windows 64 VM as well for me. I then reloaded my code base and started work. Pretty soon I noticed the odd behaviour with the System Browser. I then posed the question on discord for guidance. Since then, I tried to simplify the issue by creating another new image based on Pharo 10 (stable). This time I didn't make any changes, alter settings, or loading any code or libraries. I checked the simple image and verified that the System Browser issue was happening. Because this is just the 'vanilla' image, unchanged by me, I a hoping it will be easy to verify this behaviour at your end. Cheers and regards Mark Perth, Western Australia From: stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse@inria.fr> Sent: Sunday, 8 January 2023 10:43 PM To: Any question about pharo is welcome <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> Subject: [Pharo-users] Re: The System Browser has recently started showing 2 comments tabs - one is text and one is formatted pretty. That seems odd and is not wanted - has anyone else seen this? Pharo 10 stable image - windows 64 - all reloaded recently... Hi mark Which version of Pharo are you using? In P11 I saw some regressions. S On 8 Jan 2023, at 14:30, mark.odonoghue.2010@gmail.com <mailto:mark.odonoghue.2010@gmail.com> wrote: <https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/223421264751099906/106083325842792 0385/image.png>