pharo-users@lists.pharo.org

Any question about pharo is welcome

View all threads

Call for project ideas: Google Summer of Code 2023

SJ
Sebastian Jordan Montano
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 8:18 PM

Hello all,

As Pharo community we are postulating to Google Summer of Code 2023. We would like to have new brand ideas for this new edition! We would like to know if there are people in the community that have some cool project ideas :)

If you have an idea.s, don’t hesitate to share it/them with us. If you have an idea but you don’t have the time to be a mentor for it, it is not a problem! We can find other mentors. And if you have an idea and you are willing to be a mentor that would be even better! Being a mentor only requires you to have a weekly 30 min meeting with your student to supervise that the work is going in the desired direction.

You will need to provide:

a) a project title b) detailed description of the project (2-5 sentences) c) expected outcomes d) skills required/preferred (optional) f) expected size of project medium or large.

You can reply to this email or send me another email to my private email address [ mailto:sebastian.jordan@inria.fr | sebastian.jordan@inria.fr ]

Cheers,

Sebastian Jordan on behalf of the Pharo Consortium

[...]
vinref@gmail.com
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 6:25 AM

Hi Sebastian

I myself have been mulling for a long time porting Swish (https://github.com/becls/swish) to Pharo. I do not have the time or energy though. Maybe someone else can pick it up and run with it.

Vince

Hi Sebastian I myself have been mulling for a long time porting Swish (https://github.com/becls/swish) to Pharo. I do not have the time or energy though. Maybe someone else can pick it up and run with it. Vince
SJ
Sebastian Jordan Montano
Fri, Feb 3, 2023 10:06 AM

Hello Vince,

Thank you for your suggestion. But unfortunately the project seems complex enough to be picked up by someone who does not have experience in the subject.

Sebastian

I myself have been mulling for a long time porting Swish
(https://github.com/becls/swish) to Pharo. I do not have the time or energy
though. Maybe someone else can pick it up and run with it.

Vince

Hello Vince, Thank you for your suggestion. But unfortunately the project seems complex enough to be picked up by someone who does not have experience in the subject. Sebastian > De: vinref@gmail.com > À: "pharo-users" <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> > Envoyé: Jeudi 2 Février 2023 06:25:49 > Objet: [Pharo-users] Re: Call for project ideas: Google Summer of Code 2023 > Hi Sebastian > I myself have been mulling for a long time porting Swish > (https://github.com/becls/swish) to Pharo. I do not have the time or energy > though. Maybe someone else can pick it up and run with it. > Vince
PM
Pierre Misse Chanabier
Fri, Feb 3, 2023 11:41 AM

Hi,

What is the deadline please ?

Pierre

email address sebastian.jordan@inria.fr mailto:sebastian.jordan@inria.fr

Cheers,

Sebastian Jordan on behalf of the Pharo Consortium

Hi, What is the deadline please ? Pierre On 2/1/2023 9:18 PM, Sebastian Jordan Montano wrote: > > Hello all, > > > As Pharo community we are postulating to Google Summer of Code 2023. > We would like to have new brand ideas for this new edition! We would > like to know if there are people in the community that have some cool > project ideas :) > > > If you have an idea.s, don’t hesitate to share it/them with us. If you > have an idea but you don’t have the time to be a mentor for it, it is > not a problem! We can find other mentors. And if you have an idea and > you are willing to be a mentor that would be even better! Being a > mentor only requires you to have a weekly 30 min meeting with your > student to supervise that the work is going in the desired direction. > > > You will need to provide: > > a) a project title b) detailed description of the project (2-5 > sentences) c) expected outcomes d) skills required/preferred > (optional) f) expected size of project medium or large. > > > You can reply to this email or send me another email to my private > email address sebastian.jordan@inria.fr <mailto:sebastian.jordan@inria.fr> > > > Cheers, > > Sebastian Jordan on behalf of the Pharo Consortium > >